covid 19 updates
WE THANK YOU FOR taking the time to read through this page to keep everyone in the salon safe, and your appointment running smoothly.
Dear Current and New Clients,
In response to the changing dynamics of COVID-19 transmission across the United States, and to support Chicago’s efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19, the City is issuing a Travel Order applicable to anyone coming into the City of Chicago from designated states with a significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19. Anyone traveling from a state on the Orange list is directed to obtain a negative COVID-19 test result no more than 72 hours prior to arrival in Chicago or quarantine for a 10-day period (or the duration of their time in Chicago, whichever is shorter).
Click here for the most up to date list of states and requirements.
In order to follow this standing order, we ask that all our clients and employees adhere to the guidelines. We understand that things come up, so if you have traveled or will be traveling to a state on the list, and will not have the appropriate 10 days in between your return and your appointment, please contact your stylist to reschedule.
HERE iS WHAT we are doing to keep you safe:
– We have eliminated a waiting area and have a one client at a time policy.
– All services are available by appointment only. No walk in appointments are allowed.
– We built in time to sanitize and disinfect in between clients including wiping down the styling chairs, shampoo station, dryer chair and bathrooms with hospital grade virucidal disinfectant after each client.
– We have ample hand sanitizer throughout the salon and plenty of soap for hand washing.
– We have eliminated the self service drink station.
– We installed barriers between work stations that can be sanitized and disinfected between appointments to ensure 6′ of distance or a barrier is constantly maintained.
– We have eliminated any magazines.
– We are able to take contactless payments.
– We are limiting the amount of stylists working each day.
– We are requiring face coverings, covering the nose and mouth, for all clients and stylists.
– We enacted a quarantine policy complete with contact tracing, should we find we were in direct contact with a client that finds they were covid positive.
– We are screening clients before their appointment about Covid symptoms and travel to states that now require quarantine and taking temperatures with contactless thermometers upon arrival.
What we will ask from our clients:
– If you have a fever, chills, cough, muscle pains, headache, loss of taste or smell, or otherwise think you may have been exposed to COVID-19, please reschedule your appointment with us.
– Please arrive for your appointment alone and enter once we contacted you, as we are limited on the number of people allowed in the salon at any given time and have no waiting area. We apologize but will not be allowing children who are not receiving services for their safety.
– Our waiting area will be unavailable. Please only enter our salon once we let you know it is safe to do so.
– We will be performing temperature checks on all clients entering our salons with a contactless thermometer. Clients with a temperature of 100 degrees or more, will be asked to cancel their appointment and reschedule for a later date.
– We will require all clients to use hand sanitizer or wash their hands upon entering our salon.
– All clients will be required to wear a mask/nose and mouth covering for the entire time while in our salons. All face masks must cover the nose and mouth completely.
– If you have a disability or health condition and have concerns about your ability to comply with any of the above requirements, please let us know by contacting your stylist and we will do our best to accommodate your needs.
We thank you for your flexibility and compliance during this time,
The Colour Room